Act Fast: Limited Time Utility Incentive Bonuses
September 12, 2019
Now is the time of year when utilities are taking a close look at their energy savings goals.
Many utilities have already met or exceeded their goals for 2019 and have run out of funding. But there are others looking to boost their projects by offering bonus incentives for a limited time during this final stretch of the year.
Check out some of these bonus incentives:
Consumers Energy – Michigan
Bonus incentive rates for Interior Tubes and Fixtures and Exterior LED Lighting:
- Tube Lights
- 4-Foot T8 to One (1) 4-Foot LED Tube Light (High Bay >= 15-ft) is now $6.00 (a $2.00 Increase)
- 4-Foot T8 to One (1) 4-Foot LED Tube Light (Low Bay <= 15-ft) is now $3.75 (a $0.75 Increase)
- LED Fixtures
- Interior LED Lighting (High Bay >= 15-ft) went from $0.30 per watt reduced to $0.45 per watt reduced
- Interior LED Lighting (Low Bay <= 15-ft) went from $0.30 per watt reduced to $0.35 per watt reduced
- Exterior Lighting
- Exterior LED Lighting $0.30 per watt reduced, is now $0.37 per watt reduced + 20% Exterior Bonus
- Bonus applies to new applications after September 6, 2019.
- Projects must be completed by November 30, 2019.
Portland General Electric – Energy Trust of Oregon
Bonus incentives added to the standard incentive for products including:
- High and Low-bay LEDs
- Exterior LED fixtures
- Interior fixture mounted occupancy sensors
Example: 91-140W Exterior LED fixture increased from $140 to $210 – this is a 50% increase!
- Pre-approval required by September 30, 2019.
- Final documentation must be submitted by December 15, 2019.
ComEd – Greater Chicago Area
10% bonus for 24/7 facilities implementing standard lighting projects. This is great for hospitals, garages, manufacturing facilities and more!
- Bonus applies to new pre-approval applications submitted on or after July 8, 2019.
- Once project is approved and completed, the final application and all required documents must be submitted no later than November 15, 2019.
Ameren – MO
10% bonus for projects completed by November 29, 2019.
Applies to Standard, Custom, Small Business Direct Install, Retro-commissioning and New Construction projects.
- A special 10% bonus will be added to every measure received between July 19, 2019 and November 29, 2019 (this is subject to program incentive caps).
- For projects requiring pre-approval, a special 10% bonus will be added to every measure of qualifying projects, subject to program incentive caps, if the project offer has not been issued before July 19, 2019 and the project is completed by November 29, 2019.
In order to take advantage of these additional incentive dollars, you must move quickly! Reach out to EMC’s experts to ensure you don’t miss out on these lucrative bonuses.
See you in Las Vegas!
EEI’s Fall National Key Accounts Workshop is right around the corner: October 6-9, 2019, at the Cosmopolitan. Please be sure to stop by our booth so we can discuss lighting and controls incentives and prioritizing your projects for 2020. I look forward to connecting with you there!
Jolene Fenn-Jansen is Energy Management Collaborative's Manager of Customer Accounts and Incentives. In this role she utilizes her knowledge of incentive programs nationwide to expedite the application process and secure maximum incentive dollars for EMC customers.
Photo Credit: Sven Schreiber