Disinfectant UV Lighting
Create Safe, Healthy, Productive Environments
With disinfectant lighting EMC applies the same expertise that saves customers billions of kilowatt hours of energy to create environments where people know their health and wellbeing are priorities.
Unlike chemical sprays administered by employees or cleaning crews, disinfectant UV lighting technologies offer an effective, convenient and consistent approach to preventing the spread of pathogens like COVID-19. A proven germicidal technology used for decades in upper air chambers and conveyer belt disinfection solutions, UV light kills up to 99.9% of pathogens like viruses and bacteria depending on the time and intensity of exposure.
EMC can help you develop a disinfectant UV lighting solution that meets the goals and objectives for your business environments. Our in-house Advanced Development Team offers:
- Audit/consultation services to help you identify priorities
- Design services with vendor-neutral approach to UV lighting technologies
- Turnkey implementation
- Ongoing service support
UV Lighting Applications
- Consistently disinfect carts, conveyor belts and merchandise
- Reduce costly use of cleaning sprays and paper towels
- Commit to providing shoppers with safe, healthy store environments
- Enhance HVAC air purification processes
- Effectively disinfect equipment and other surfaces
- Provide a safe health care environment for patients and staff
- Improve quality of indoor work environments
- Efficiently disinfect equipment, work surfaces and materials
- Provide workers with a safe, healthy work environment
Learn More about Disinfectant UV Lighting
COVID-19 Highlights the Value of Disinfectant Lighting
The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays have the power to kill harmful pathogens, including viruses and bacteria, while also creating beneficial Vitamin D within the human body. READ MORE
COVID-19: A New Pivot Point for the Lighting Industry
Rigorous cleaning routines are both necessary to slow the spread of the virus as well as to provide environments where customers and employees feel safe. READ MORE
Safety First! Disinfectant UV Lighting Solutions for Healthy Environments
There’s no denying the major impact that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on most every aspect of our lives. To mitigate the rapid spread of the virus, businesses are turning to the use of ultra violet lighting to clean surfaces for safer environments.
Take Your Lighting to the Next Level with UV Lighting
Now is the time to maximize the health and safety of others. Let EMC’s Advanced Development Team help you find the best UV lighting solution for your facility.
Germicidal UV Lighting Resources
- IES Photobiology Committee Report CR-2-20-V1
- Webinar: Ultraviolet Light in Germicidal Devices: Safety Considerations
- Signify and Boston University validate effectiveness of Signify’s UV-C light sources on inactivating the virus that causes COVID-19
- Shining a light on the pathogenicity of health care providers' mobile phones: Use of a novel ultraviolet-C wave disinfection device